Online Giving (Sunday Collections)
Do You Shop On Amazon?
All Events are cancelled until further notice.
Sunday Peralta 8:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Sunday Valencia 9:30 a.m.
Weekdays Tuesday - Friday 8:00 a.m.
Rosary 30 minutes before each Mass
Saturday 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. or by appointment
Baptisms: 3rd Sunday of each month at the 11:15 Mass.
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m
Telephone : 505-869-2189
Father Emmanuel UC Izuka's Office Hours:
9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. or by appointment
Faith Formation Office Hours
Summer Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
All Masses are open, and do not require a reservation.
*Remember we are open at 25% capacity, meaning we are allowed no more than 40 parishioners at each Mass.
*Anyone attending Mass is required to wear a mask, and maintain a 6 feet social distance.
Please remember when sending in your offerings to make individual checks for different types of collections. We are unable to split checks into different collection types at this time. Thank you.
The time has arrived, and the Archbishop has given us permission to begin opening up our churches. Reopening will be accomplished in phases. Please remember that the Archbishop can revise these regulations at any time.
The mandate calls for attendance to be limited to 25% of building capacity. This means Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Peralta will begin with only 40 individuals per Mass. Dispensation from Sunday obligation remains for all and safety for the common good is the priority.
Persons over 60 and with compromised immune systems are advised that they are at increased risk and are encouraged to remain home. This also pertains to anyone who is sick/symptomatic, has health vulnerabilities or weakened immune systems. We are also asking that children under the age of 9 remain home. NM has the second highest percentage of infected children in the US. Those persons with allergies who are sneezing/coughing should also refrain from attending out of charity to others.
What does this mean for our parish? All Masses (8 am, Tuesday-Friday daily Mass, Saturday evening 5:00 pm Mass, Sunday, 8 am, 9:30 am, and 11:15 am Masses) will be held at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Peralta beginning Wednesday, May 20. The goal is to keep the Mass between 30-40 minutes in order to minimize exposure and contamination. Due to the increase sanitation required, it is necessary to keep the Masses in one location. We do need the Sangre de Cristo mayordomos to be present at the 9:30 Mass in Peralta.
HOW DO I MAKE SURE I CAN GET A SEAT?
- Because of the low number of individuals allowed per Mass, reservations will need to be made. Call the office Monday-Thursday between 9-1 and Friday between 9-12 to make the reservation. Persons should only attend one Mass during the week to allow others to attend. You cannot make reservations to attend the same Mass time each Sunday as we must make the Masses available to all. You will be given a pew number as to where you will be sitting. You may not be able to get your regular seat. There will be a list of those individuals who have called in and this list will be given to the Ushers. Please arrive a few minutes early so you can claim your seat. There will be no “walk-ins” allowed at this time. You will need to enter through the front door. Unfortunately, if you have not made a reservation, you will be asked to wait for the next Mass. Do not get angry. We must follow the Archdiocesan directive. Empty pews are needed to keep social distancing.
- Masks and social distancing will be required (including children). You will be turned away if you are not wearing a mask.
- Those living under the same roof in a household may sit together.
- When Mass ends, attendees are going to be asked to disinfect their pews. The parish will provide the disinfectant. This will be so helpful to protect everyone.
DIFFERENCES IN LITURGY:
- EVERYONE must wear a mask. There will be no congregational singing. No Choirs. No Altar Servers. Only one lector will be in the Sanctuary. For now, only Father and Deacon will be distributing Communion.
- No Offertory Procession or collection. Please place donations in basket at front door when entering the Church or at the side door while exiting the Church.
- After the final prayer, blessing and dismissal, the priest removes his chasuble and the deacon his dalmatic. Father gives Deacon and lector Communion.
- The Ushers dismiss the congregation by rows to receive Communion. Social distancing must be maintained and individuals must be masked. Everyone is asked to disinfect their pew and take all their belongings with them.
- Once the individual reaches the Priest, he/she must receive the host in their hand; step away the six feet; lift your mask; consume the host and exit the building immediately through side door.
- There must be no after-Mass assemblies. People should depart immediately after Mass.
We are living in a different world and right now this is the new “normal.” Please help us to follow the rules and regulations required by the Archdiocese.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in the coming days and weeks and I continue to pray that each one of us remains healthy and safe. May God bless you and continue to shower His graces on all of you and your families.
Very sincerely yours,
Reverend Emmanuel UC Izuka